The service is designed to facilitate the interconnection between all members across Layer 2 access technology/VPS/Layer 2 Tunnel. It allows multiple carriers to interconnect through a physical port or tunnel and exchange Internet peering traffic – both IPv4 and IPv6. Peering is implemented in a common public VLAN by establishing one BGP session with the THESS-IX Route Servers.
- Possibility to lower costs using IXP instead of Transit providers
- Single point of contact, we will manage both the transport between the customer and the IXP, and the IXP port
- Possibility to lower Latencies and Internet Speeds by using direct connections
- Interconnection between various members and shared traffic between multiple networks through a single port and BGP session with two Route Servers.
- Easily scalable service – increase your capacity quickly as you needs grow.
- Self administration of traffic and peering connections.
- Increasing value in time – as more members join, more opportunities for peering arise.
- Exchange traffic with all Members, CDNs and IXPs connected.
- Doing direct BGP sessions with IXP Members will allow your network to be seen better on the Internet
- We constantly add more peers/content, while the port fee stays the same.
- The service is provided on a THESS-IX Primary Port.
- Each Member has to set a BGP session up with two THESS-IX Route Servers using a IPv4 or/and IPv6 address provided by THESS-IX.
- Notification of problems, registration and recommendation for resolving them.
- 24x7x365 service monitoring and support by THESS-IX’s Network Operations Center (NOC).